Venture Overall Leaders and their senior teams are invited to our 2016 Ventures Leaders' Conference - this year with the theme of mental health.
Saturday 19 November 2016
Handling Mental Health
Knowle Parish Church, Knowle
9.30am to 4.30pm
Refreshments will be served from 9.30, with sessions beginning at 10am. Lunch will be provided.
How to book
To book, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your names, which of your leaders will be attending and any dietary requirements.
Handling Mental Health
Mental health issues are on the rise amongst children and young people in our society, and we're increasingly responding to those issues on Ventures. In order to communicate and role-model the Gospel effectively, we need to be equipped to handle and speak into these issues.
The 2016 Ventures Conference keynote talk aims to help leaders consider their responses to such challenges within the limited scope of a Venture. Please consider inviting your Safeguarding Officer along, or any other leaders who would be particularly interested in contributing to the life of your Venture in this area.
With special guests:
- Dr Kate Middleton: psychologist, speaker, author and church leader - unpacking the complex issues around anxiety and self-harm. Kate has a particular interest in the way young people's emotions affect them.
- Ven Simon Heathfield: Archdeacon of Aston and Falcon Overall Leader - opening the conference with a Bible talk.
- Di Archer: Director of Tastelife - insights into eating disorders amongst young people.
The Ventures Conference also has all the great ingredients of last year's conference:
- quiz us on your trickiest technical questions
- engage with School Venture developments in your area
- network with other leaders and share ideas
- the popular 'mini-talks' from Overall Leaders. (Let us know if you have a topic you would like to give a five minute talk on.)
St John's Centre, Knowle Parish Church
By car: there is a public car park behind the church. Parking for the day costs £2, which we will refund. A small number of spaces for Blue Badge holders are available in front of the church.
By public transport: we will be offering lifts from Dorridge Station - please let us know if you will need picking up from there! Dorridge is just under two hours by train from London, on the Marylebone line.
Please do all you can to make this conference, as it is an essential part of your role and we expect every Venture to be represented. We require all new Overall Leaders to attend.
We look forward to seeing you in November, if not before!